According to Brian Dean Backlinko, which analyzed 5 million Google search results to better understand the rate of organic clicks (organic CTR -Click Through Rate).
“First, we analyzed CTR data on 874,929 pages and 5,079,491 search queries.
Next, we took a look at how factors like title tag length, sentiment, and meta descriptions affect organic click-through rate.
Using the data provided by ClickFlow , we were able to get CTR data from several different Google Search Console accounts. Without further ado, let's see the results.
Here is a summary of our main findings:
1. The # 1 result in Google's organic search results has an average CTR of 31.7%.
2. Organic result # 1 is 10 times more likely to receive a click compared to a page in position # 10.
3. The organic CTR for positions 7-10 is virtually the same. Therefore, moving up a few positions to the bottom of the first page may not result in more organic traffic.
4. On average, moving up one point in search results will increase CTR by 30.8%. However, it depends on where you are traveling from and where you are going.
Moving from position 3 to position 2 usually results in a significant increase in CTR. However, going from position 10 to position 9 does not make a statistically significant difference.
5. Title tags that contain a question have a 14.1% higher CTR compared to pages that do not have a question in their title.
6. Title tags of 15 to 40 characters have the highest CTR. According to our data, pages with a title tag between 15 and 40 characters have an 8.6% higher CTR than those outside that range.
7. URLs that contain a keyword have a 45% higher click- through rate compared to URLs that do not contain a keyword.
8. Adding "Power Words" to your title tag can lower your CTR . We found that titles containing keywords had a 13.9% lower CTR compared to titles without keywords.
9. Emotional headlines can improve your CTR . We found that stocks with positive or negative sentiment improved CTR by around 7%.
10. Writing meta descriptions for your pages can result in a higher CTR . Pages with a meta description get 5.8% more clicks than those without a description. ”
How to get your first position in Google results?
To be successful in Google, there are no secrets, you have to work on
the definition of his or her key words
the analysis of its competitors in order to estimate the efforts to be produced
the analysis of the SERP, results in google to estimate what Internet users are looking for
determine search intentions: informative and / or transactional
size the media to be produced: text, images or tools (eg home loan calculator)….
Push the page with inbound links - Netlinking
Measure the results
What is the percentage of clicks in the first page search results?
31.7% of clicks on the first position!
What is the percentage of clicks in the first 3 search results of the first page?
almost 75% of clicks on the first 3 positions!
How much does it cost to be # 1 on Google?
It can cost close to nothing if you are a neighborhood baker and want to be the first in your neighborhood , or several hundred thousand euros if you want to be No. 1 in France and internationally on a set of queries. very competitive.
A company selling used equipment for public works with a catalog has just received an estimate of € 16,000 to go, in several Eastern countries, to target the top 3 throughout its catalog. A set of several hundred machines ranging from a few hundred euros to several tens of thousands.
What percentage of clicks on search engine results pages are from organic search results?
Combining natural referencing and paid SEO is a necessity. In the case of this platform, a budget of 5% of the targeted turnover is intended for paid referencing.
The goal of SEO is not to have to pay for clicks every day, let's not forget!
According to Brian Dean and “according to the Adwords accounts I have worked with, you are right:
the organic result generally receives a lot more clicks than the ad. ” In our opinion, we are seeing better conversions too!
It is clear that these click-through rates on paid google advertisements vary depending on the medium used and search intentions (informational or transactional). So according to Sparktoro :
“For 100 searches on Google mobile in September 2018, there were:
38.5 clicks on organic results
3.4 clicks on a paid result
61.5 click-free searches
In September 2018, there was one search for 100 searches on the Google desktop:
65.6 clicks on organic results
3.7 clicks on a paid result
34.3 click-free searches
Looking at the numbers month by month, we can see some bounce back, along with three clear trends:
Clickless searches are on the rise
Google must continue to innovate and change the way ads are displayed in order to develop and maintain Paid CTR
Organic CTR, although it is still 10 times greater than that paid on mobile and almost 20 times on the desktop, is inexorably declining ”
Scope and limitation of these studies
Global queries, non-transactional The limit that we observe in these studies is clearly the majority of informational queries, without clicks, while most of those interested in this subject, are interested in transactional queries.
Transactional queries 2.1 Rich text extracts In Google's results for transactional queries we have rich text extracts, such as star ratings that impact click-through rates. Will you not click on the 4th or 5th if it has stars while the first 3 do not? 2.2 Advertisements Ads that are done well can dramatically increase click-through rates. If you have a commercial offer for the product you're looking for, you'll be more likely to click on it.
Proven to work in multiple sectors of activity ranging from local gastronomy to video games, including bank comparators, construction and renovation services, or new real estate, we also work for liberal professions: osteopaths, lawyers ... ZENDOC: Contract Automation Software , we take pleasure in discovering your business and helping you activate effective leverage.
Specialist in growthacking and e-commerce , you will benefit from our experience to develop your activity on the internet in record time.
Derrière le flegme du surfeur se cache un professionnel aguerri aux techniques de webmarketing avancées qui vous permettront de surclasser vos... concurrents. Nicolas est un professionnel que je recommande !plus